Community Advancement and Literacy Empowerment for the Poor (CALEP) is a Community Based Organization (CBO) working for a nation free from poverty and injustice. It was founded in 2010 and adopted a human rights-based approach to development. In 2010 we established our head office in Kisumu, Kenya.Download Annual Report
At CALEP, we always work towards fulfilling certain objectives. Learn about them below..Show me the objectives
1. To improve health outcomes by developing the role of key affected populations and communities in the design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of services and activities related to prevention, treatment, care and support of people affected by HIV, tuberculosis, malaria and other major health challenges.
2. To promote gender equality and freedom from discrimination with special focus to women, youth and children, the elderly, persons with disabilities, minorities, and marginalized groups and communities.
3. To increase and improve young people’s access to financial services, financial literacy and entrepreneurship and employment skills training.
4. To builds capacities of women and youth groups on social entrepreneurship to enhance a sense of ownership, confidence, and empowerment.
5. To promote free, equal access to quality education for all children from early learning to secondary education.
6. To support communities living in extreme poverty adapt to the challenges that threaten their livelihoods and well-being and responds to emergencies with a long-term view.
7. To improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and their families through sustainable agricultural practices that build food security and increase rural incomes.
8. To promote vocational training activities that create employment among youth through skill-based training for smooth transition to work.
9. To contribute to the reduction of WASH-related diseases in our project areas through access to sustainable WASH facilities equally managed by women and men.
Chairperson Board of Trustees – US
Secretary Board of Trustees –
Executive Director – Kenya/Uganda
Chair Board of Directors Kenya/Uganda
Treasurer Board of Directors Kenya/Uganda